1. Put yourself in these teens' shoes. Choose the TWO best words to describe your feelings in the following situations.
Đặt vị trí của bạn vào vị trí của những người trẻ. Chọn 2 từ tốt nhta để miêu tả cảm xúc của bạn trong những tình huống sau.
- 1. You won an essay contest: excited/delighted
- 2. Your parents misunderstood you: frustrated/upset
- 3. You stayed up lage studying for an important exam tense/ stress
- 4. You are left out by friends. You can’t concentrare on your studies: worried/tense
- 5. Last week you had a presentation in class and you think it was very bad (dissapointed/ frustrated)
- 6. Your closest friend is moving to another city: emotional/depressed
2. Use the following prompts to say something to the students in.
Sử dụng những lời khuyên sau để nói với học sinh ở bài 1
- 1.well done/ you did a really great job —> congratulate, encourage
- 2.you must have been really disapointed —> empathise, advise
- 3. Everything will be alright —> empathise, advise
- 4. I understand how you feel —> empathise, advise
- 5. It might help to consider focusing on the good point rather than the weak points —> assure encourage
- 6. You must have been really emotional —> empathise
3. Give at least two examples for each of these sets of skills
Đưa ra ít nhất 2 ví dụ cho mỗi kĩ năng sau
- 1.cognitive skills: concentrate on doing something; organise your timetable
- 2. emotion control skills: control feelings; know how to get over negative feelings
- 4.Social skills:cooperate with others; communicate well
- 5. self-care skills: know how to act in emergencies; know when to stop taking risks
- 6. housekeeping skills: cook for oneself and others; manage a small budget
4. Rewrite the following in reported speech
Viết lại câu sau bằng lười nói gián tiếp
- 1. I'm really stressed out! I've had three si nights thinking about my exam.’
She said she was really stressed out, and that she had had three sleepless nights thinking about her exam.
- 2. ‘I can't concentrate! It's too noisy in here.'
He said he couldn't concentrate because it was too noisy in there.
- 3. ‘She was very upset at first but she's fine.'
She said she had been very upset at first but she was fine then.
- 4. ‘I don't think taking risks too often is a good idea.’
He said he didn't think taking risks too often was a good idea.
- 5. ‘He'll take a cooking class before he g college.’
She said he would take a cooking class before he went to college.
- 6. ‘I really wish I could make informed decisions.'
He said he really wished he could make informed decisions.
5. Rewrite the underlined phrases in the following text, using question words + fo-infinitives.
Viết lại những cụm được gạch chân trong đoạn văn dưới đây, sử dụng cấu trúc từ để hỏi + to V
In our Life Skills lesson last week, our class a visit from a Fire Safety Officer, and this is what he told us: Today I'm going to tell you (1) what you should do in case of fire. If there is a keep calm. Be sure you know (2) where to find the nearest exit or stairway. Do not use lift. Before you leave, close all the doors b you. You should know (3) how you could a the fire alarm, and then shout ‘fire’. You should know (4) what number you should call to report the fire and ask for help. In Viet Nam, it's number 114.The number is toll-free and you can call time from either a mobile or a landline wi dealing number is toll-free and you can call time from either a mobile or a landline without dealing area codes.'
- Today I'm going to tell you what to do in case of fire.
- Be sure you know where to find the nearest exit or stairway.
- You should know how to activate the fire alarm.
- You should know what number to call to report the fire and ask for help.
6. Work in pairs. Look at the notes of the two callers from 4, SKILLS 1 and give them some advice.
Làm việc theo cặp. Nhìn vào những chú thích 2 người gọi điện ở bài 4, phần Skills 1 và cho họ lời khuyên.